Thursday, January 14, 2010

Good News

I did a partial re-take of the disastrous exam and I passed!!! So I now have to take only one more written exam and the oral. I am happy, but mostly feel relieved. I am very grateful that the test coordinator and other professors realized that the testing conditions were unacceptable and therefore allowed me to re-do the part of the final that I tried to do near the end of the day but could not do because of the distracting noise level.

So now I can move forward and prepare for my last semester in this program. I have a lot of studying to do. The written final will be on plant pathology including some history, but mainly diagnosis and management of viral, bacterial and fungal plant diseases. The oral will be on plant pathology, sustainable agriculture, pesticides and herbicides, and integrated pest management.

I've already incorporated yoga and working out at the gym into my life and the studying starts this weekend.

2 comments:

makita said...

Woohoo!! Way to go! Although the previous semester was probably a wee bit too ambitious, I think it's a good thing you got to try out all exams. You didn't have that much to loose, except maybe your sanity. But now you know what to expect. And plant path is easy and fun! Right?

Shadow said...

I like your optimistic viewpoint, Makita. At least I know what to expect on the plant path exam this time. I practically did lose my sanity, but I think I have it back now.