Sunday, June 13, 2010

Job Hunting

Thank you my friends for continuing to come to my blog even though I haven't posted anything in a while. I have been busy. I am still working full-time at the job that I've had for almost a year now. I really like my job, but I can't stay there. It started out as an internship and then turned into a regular job, but with no pay raise and no benefits. So I am job hunting.

There are basically two types of positions that I am looking for. One is as a crop consultant and it doesn't matter what crop or crops. The other is as a post-doc, preferably one that utilizes my molecular biology skills. Some of you may be wondering what happened to my plans to apply for the federal positions that involve plant protection. You know the ones I mean. The ones that have 45 questions to answer with about 9 questions requiring an essay answer of approximately 8000 words. Well, I've given up on those positions. According to my answers to some of the questions, I do not have the specialized experience that they are looking for and so there is no point in putting myself through countless 45 question applications all for nothing. I do not have the time for that. So either crop consultant or post-doc it will be, unless something else comes along. I'll keep you posted on my job hunt.

In the meantime, have you ever seen an artichoke in bloom? I haven't. My step-daughter has blooming artichokes in her yard. She took a picture and I'm posting it here.

No comments: