Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Challenge For This Semester

My first Big Program Final is just 43 days away and I do not have the time to study for it. I am studying for 16 credits plus trying to study for the Final and I am not able to do it all. I don't know why I thought I could. I thought that I was strong and energetic enough, but I am not. I have just lost 4 days of study due to a migraine. Even without the migraine, the time I would have had was not enough.

My days (Monday through Friday) go something like this: drag myself out of bed at 6:30 am, go to class, go to work right after class, eat lunch while working, go to class, go back to work, go to another class, and finally home for dinner. I fall asleep while my husband makes dinner, then stumble to the table to eat, then back to campus to our Program Study Room to study for the assignments, quizzes or tests that are due the next day, until about 12:30 or 1:00 am. Then I go home, but it takes about 1.5 hours to unwind enough to go to sleep. After about 4 hours of sleep, I have to drag myself out of bed and start all over again. All this is just for my 16 credits. There is no time left to study for the Big Program Final. On the weekends, I can't get out of bed until about 11:30 am. Then I have to continue studying for the assignments that are due at the beginning of the week.

I am also suppose to be looking for a job because my assistantship will end at the end of April, but I don't have the time to look. I have bitten off more than I can chew. The question now is what am I going to do about it? Is it hopeless to continue at this pace and continue with my plan to take the Big Program Final on March 24? I do have Spring Break to study for it, but I don't think 1 week is enough. It would be devastating to fail the Final. If I don't take it this semester, I will have to take 2 of the Big Program Finals in the same semester and they will be only 2 days apart. I don't know what I am going to do.

No comments: