Sunday, February 22, 2009

When Will I Study Now?

I decided a couple of weeks ago that I needed to find more time to study. So I decided that I would start studying on the bus and when I walk from class to class or to work.

A few days ago, I was carrying out my mission of trying to study while walking from a class to my car. I was walking along the side of one of the campus roads. I had my backpack on and was carrying a 2 inch binder full of lecture notes and articles, some of which were loose in the binder. I had one article out in front of me as I was reading it.

So, I was walking along reading and I tripped. Down I went, flat on the pavement. My binder went down, papers went flying, my backpack came off, the water bottle came out and rolled away. My first thought as I lay on the ground was..."oh shit, how embarrassing". I quickly got up, collected my stuff, and acted as if nothing had happened.

So, I have several lacerations on my hands, two of them are deep, but fortunately did not require any stitches. I guess I'm going to have to find another way to maximize my study time.

Life is great when one can laugh at the stupid things one does.

No comments: