Sunday, July 31, 2011

Odds and Ends

I am not going to be applying for any more jobs right now. Most of the jobs that I have had throughout my life have come to me from people that I either knew or had some connection to. I should have at least gotten an interview for the most recent position that I applied for; the people there knew me. But I didn't even get an interview. It could be my age or my varied work history or who knows what. While I work to figure out what is wrong and what I can do about it (if anything), I will keep an eye out for job opportunities, but will not actively apply for anything for now.

I made the decision a couple of weeks ago that I am not going to get a laptop for now. At the end of August, I will lose my health insurance, so I am going to use the money that I saved for the laptop, for my asthma medicines instead. I have enough money to get 2 months worth of medicines and I will just keep saving to have enough for 3 and 4 months and so on until I can get insurance.

I am also working on cleaning up my blog a bit. There are a few posts that I don't like and will most likely delete them as I have done with a couple already.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Don't feel bad they only interviewed 4 people all of which had more fungal disease clinic work experience. It was nothing personal.

Jodi said...

BTW I have 10 years work experience at DPI (plus 3 as an analytical microbiologist) in fungal disease clinic and an MS and didn't even bother applying because i don't didn't want a pity interview.

Shadow said...

Good to know. Thanks for the info, Jodi.