In spite of the fact that 25% of the Angeles National Forest is in ruins, life goes on. Some of the positive things in my life are:
1. I did not know that Mt. Wilson had a TowerCam until the fire occurred. Not only do I like to look at it, several others do as well. So, I have placed a link on the right side of my blog under "Links". It will be there as long as either the TowerCam exists or as long as I have this blog.
2. Having a few posts about the fire has increased the readership of my blog and that makes me happy.
3. I made and acted upon the decision to reduce my work hours. I was working 40 hrs a week and it was too much. It left me with very little time to study for my finals. So I have reduced my hours to 32 hrs per week with the agreement and support of my supervisors. I was apprehensive about telling them that I needed to work less, but I did it and the outcome was positive.
4. I am moving toward the finish line of my doctoral program.
5. I gave my final seminar last week and it was very well received. It was a relief to get it done.
6. I have started studying now for my three remaining finals: two written and one oral. This is a positive because I haven't had time to study until now and that was causing me a lot of anxiety. So the anxiety has diminished and I am studying.
Life consists of both negative and positive things. It's up to us to choose what we are going to focus on.